If you heard about the potential benefits of this spice, and are now looking for the best turmeric supplement for your budget, taste, and needs, you might be interested to learn how to go about finding one.
There’s no shortage of enthusiasm surrounding the super spice turmeric. The plant we are getting it from, Curcuma longa, has been recognized for a range of beneficial properties. The best way to summarize the lengthy list of these potential benefits would probably be to simply say that turmeric nurtures the body by fighting inflammation and pain.
Our turmeric supplement reviews will let you know which ingredients to keep an eye out for, what kind of benefits to expect, and how much you’ll have to pay for the products that actually work.
Top 10 Best Turmeric SupplementsWe’re committed to providing you with the best products available. If you purchase through one of the links on our site, we may earn a commission. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure.
- Clinically verified enhanced absorption of curcumin
- Gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free
- GMP-certified company
- Enhanced curcumin bioavailability
- Improves joint functionality
- Pure, natural, non-GMO ingredients
- High concentration of curcuminoids
- Optimized absorption through piperine
- GMP-certified, third-party laboratory testing
- 1,000 mg Bioenhanced Turmeric Complex
- 99% of clients would recommend the product to a friend
- Tested for heavy metals
- Targeted supplementation
- Best quality of plant ingredients and products
- Black pepper for better absorption
- 1,000 mg of highly absorbable turmeric complex
- Perfect balance of curcumin and black pepper
- GMP-certified production and QR code for the clients
- Organic turmeric and glycerin extracts
- The ideal form for people who can’t or don’t want to take pills
- Fulvic acid and micelles increase the bioavailability of curcumin
- Convenient form for everyday use
- Good taste, low on calories
- Third-party purity testing
- High curcumin bioavailability
- Certificates of consistency, potency, and purity
- Great shipping and return policies
Top Turmeric Supplement Reviews
- Type: Meriva curcumin
- Contents per container: 500 mg of curcumin phytosome complex per capsule; 60 capsules; Other ingredients: calcium citrate, calcium laurate, hypromellose capsule, leucine, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
- Shipping policy: Free ground shipping within the contiguous US, and for all wholesale orders over $99.00. Free shipping to Hawaii and Alaska on orders over $300.00
- Return policy: No refund for products past their expiration date
- Discounts: 10% discount for subscribers
We start with what many consider the best turmeric capsule around, Meriva 500-SF. Meriva is the most extensively studied and scientifically backed curcumin on the market.
It is a formulation of turmeric extract with lecithin, making it 29 times more absorbable by humans than other types of curcumin. This compound postpones the release of the active ingredient by shielding it while it travels through the digestive system so that it can reach your small intestine, where it’s absorbed.
In the case of Meriva 500-SF, the body readily consumes the curcumin complex, resulting in more curcumin reaching the cells. Clinical evidence suggests that even smaller volumes of Meriva result in higher plasma curcumin concentrations than the intake of much larger quantities of typical curcumin, making it the best turmeric supplement for inflammation.
This was demonstrated in a study observing 100 osteoarthritis patients who exhibited stronger immunity, decreased use of NSAIDs for pain, and an overall enhancement in the quality of life. They were taking two 500 mg Meriva capsules per day for eight months. It was this study that established Meriva-based supplements as the best turmeric for joint pain.
Thorne is a company that carefully chooses what to include in its products. They check for 760 different pollutants and take great effort to confirm each ingredient’s origin, efficacy, and purity. The product is dairy-, gluten-, and soy-free, and it contains only natural colors and flavors.
The company adheres to the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) also rates Thorne with A1. These are just some of the reasons so many people consider Meriva-SF the best source of turmeric in this price range.
- + Clinically verified enhanced absorption of curcumin
- + Gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free
- + GMP-certified company
- − Some customers complained about slow delivery
- Type: Curcumin + BioPerine (black pepper extract)
- Contents per container: 1,200 mg turmeric root, 100 mg turmeric root extract, and 10 mg of BioPerine per serving; 60 capsules
- Shipping policy: Free standard shipping for US customers with every purchase, and free expedited shipping for orders over $50.00
- Return policy: 100% money-back policy, including shipping costs
- Discounts: 15% off the first order, 10% off with a subscription or when buying at least three bottles in a bundle
Possibly the best turmeric supplement with black pepper, Turmeric Curcumin by Vimerson Health contains natural non-GMO ingredients, including turmeric root, black pepper extract (BioPerine), and 100 mg of 95% curcuminoids. BioPerine is used because it improves the turmeric’s bioavailability by up to 2,000% without adverse effects.
According to Vimerson Health, their Turmeric Curcumin can aid joint lubrication, smooth joint functionality, and improve cartilage health, thereby relieving overall body discomfort. Furthermore, it supports immune, cardiovascular, and digestive functions. Finally, it is also supposed to promote skin health by reducing inflammation and is claimed to be capable of boosting brain functions and memory.
In its efforts to get established as the best brand of turmeric capsules, Vimerson Health went to great lengths to ensure the optimal consistency and purity of its products. This supplement is manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified factory. It is based on natural ingredients and doesn’t contain any chemicals, preservatives, chemical additives, sugar, yeast, starch, cholesterol, or antibiotics.
- + Enhanced curcumin bioavailability
- + Improves joint functionality
- + Pure, natural, non-GMO ingredients
- − Not the best turmeric supplement for those who want quick results
- Type: Curcumin + BioPerine
- Contents per container: 700 mg curcumin complex, 5 mg BioPerine Nature’s Thermonutrient (Piper nigrum fruit) per serving
- Shipping policy: Free standard shipping for orders over $50.00
- Return policy: Return the unused portion of the product within 30 days for a full refund
- Discounts: 15% discount for subscribers, other discounts frequently available
The next product in our list of turmeric dietary supplement reviews is Swanson Curcumin Complex. It contains the extract of Curcuma longa (rhizome), standardized to minimum 95% curcuminoids, and BioPerine, standardized to minimum 95% piperine.
The absorption of highly concentrated active plant ingredients (curcuminoids) is aided by BioPerine, which prevents the reactions in your body that would otherwise destroy these compounds.
With its health-promoting properties and highly bioavailable antioxidants, this might just be the best turmeric supplement on the market. As shown in a 1998 study, consumption of 20 mg of piperine per kilogram of body weight can result in 20 times stronger curcuminoid absorption.
Swanson facilities are GMP-certified, and they use third-party independent labs like NSF International to check the products’ quality.
- + High concentration of curcuminoids
- + Optimized absorption through piperine
- + GMP-certified, third-party laboratory testing
- − Some users experience mild stomach agitation
- Type: Curcumin
- Contents per container: 1,000 mg Bioenhanced Turmeric Complex (Curcuma longa rhizome extract) per capsule; Other ingredients: sunflower lecithin, glycerin, gelatin, gamma-cyclodextrin, oleoresin turmeric, etc.
- Shipping policy: Free shipping with three or more purchased bottles (US orders only)
- Return policy: 30 days money-back guarantee, doesn’t include shipping and handling
- Discounts: 15% off with codes for buying three bottles or more; 10% off with a subscription
No list of the best turmeric supplement reviews would be complete without Qunol Turmeric Ultra High Absorption. Its water dispersion technology affords it higher levels of absorption than regular, non-soluble turmeric.
A 2017 study showed that the form of curcumin used in this supplement was 39 times easier to absorb than the one found in standard turmeric extract products. Qunol achieved this by improving the water solubility of curcumin, thereby maximizing its absorbability. These are just some of the characteristics making this formulation one of the best turmeric products on the market.
The product is claimed to be capable of reducing temporary inflammations associated with overexertion and of promoting joint comfort. However, it’s not meant to be used in relieving, preventing, or healing inflammations caused by actual illnesses.
Qunol’s formula contains 1,000 mg of turmeric per serving (consisting of 2 soft gels). The extra strength formulation is milk-, egg-, fish-, wheat-, peanut- and soy-free. It is manufactured in a GMP-accredited facility, like most of the other top-rated turmeric products. Additionally, Qunol checks each batch of turmeric for heavy metals.
- + 1,000 mg Bioenhanced Turmeric Complex
- + 99% of clients would recommend the product to a friend
- + Tested for heavy metals
- − Some users find soft gels too large and inconvenient
- Type: Curcumin + black pepper
- Contents per container (for Turmeric Supreme Joint): 30 mg curcumin from 4,900 mg dry herb per each 2-capsule serving; Other ingredients: vegetable glycerin, water, sunflower lecithin, vegan capsules (hypromellose, chlorophyll)
- Shipping policy: Free shipping for all orders over $49.00
- Return policy: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, refund available up to 45 days from the shipping date
- Discounts: Subscribers get 10% off
Commonly praised in turmeric curcumin supplement reviews, these products contain a variety of beneficial ingredients. For example, Turmeric Supreme Heart is based on ingredients that have been shown to benefit heart health, including resveratrol and quercetin.
Although products in this line of focused formulations by Gaia Herbs contain less curcuminoids than those in their Extra Strength line, they also contain black pepper for better absorption. However, it’s good to remember that some of the herbs used in these products might interact with certain drugs. That’s why it’s always best to consult a doctor before taking them.
These products are often described by users as the best turmeric supplements for inflammation. They are also vegan, purity-tested (for heavy metals, microbial contamination, pesticides), and dairy-, gluten- and soy-free. The company takes great pride in its rigorous testing policies.
- + Targeted supplementation
- + Best quality of plant ingredients and products
- + Black pepper for better absorption
- − Contains less curcuminoids than other products in the same price range
- Type: Curcumin + BioPerine
- Contents per container: 1,000 mg Curcumin C3 Complex containing turmeric root with 95% curcuminoids, including bisdemethoxycurcumin (2.2% to 6.5%) demethoxycurcumin (15%–19%) and curcumin (75%–81%); black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (from vegetable sources), silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate
- Shipping policy: Free shipping on orders over $20.00 on iHerb
- Return policy: 60-day money-back guarantee on iHerb
- Discounts: Currently none
The Doctor’s Best curcumin product is probably the best-rated turmeric supplement in this price range. Its main ingredient, the proprietary C3 Complex, is a strong antioxidant supposed to protect tissue and cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Curcumin C3 Complex contains a generic extract of Curcuma longa root and provides 95% of the overall curcuminoids, including curcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin, and demethoxycurcumin. The extract of black pepper (BioPerine) containing 95%–98% piperine, improves absorption by acting as a natural bioenhancer.
This proprietary turmeric extract is a standardized non-GMO, gluten- and soy-free, vegetarian, and vegan product.
Curcumin C3 Complex earned its spot among our turmeric supplement reviews because of the company’s GMP-certified facilities and strict monitoring of each product during the manufacturing chain to ensure that the highest quality standards are met.
Doctor’s Best prints quick scanning response (QR) codes on product labels to provide the customers with a quick and easy way to learn more about the product.
- + 1,000 mg of highly absorbable turmeric complex
- + Perfect balance of curcumin and black pepper
- + GMP-certified production and QR code for the clients
- − A bit pricey
- Type: Curcumin + fulvic acid
- Contents per container: 550 mg of the best turmeric extract and curcuminoids in addition to 100 mcg of fulvic acid complex per serving
- Shipping policy: Using UPS to ship within the US and globally
- Return policy: 180-day money-back guarantee
- Discounts: Save up to 25% when buying multi-bottle packs; subscription saves 10%
PuraTHRIVE Micelle Liposomal Turmeric is an active antioxidant, boosting the body’s natural defenses and overall health. Thanks to its unique distribution technology, the healthy blend of full-spectrum turmeric is readily absorbed and can help sustain good joint function.
This is the best-absorbed turmeric supplement in liquid form, convenient for people who are not fans of taking pills or eating gummies. In particular, research indicates that this liquid micellar curcumin could be the best oral formulation in terms of bioavailability.
The unique technology used in its production involves encapsulating the active curcumin into micelles and then enveloping it in liposomes. The proprietary organic glycerin extraction process removes all unwanted byproducts from the root, leaving the essential nutrients in a super-concentrated form.
Research indicates that absorption-wise, this might be the best form of a turmeric supplement. Fulvic acid is one of the keys to the unprecedented bioavailability of this product. It contains more than 77 macro- and micro-minerals in their ionic form, facilitating hydration and increasing mineral content. This further maximizes absorption and potency.
PuraTHRIVE is produced in an FDA-inspected and GMP-certified facility from organic turmeric roots. The products are also GMO-, gluten-, wheat-, and dairy-free, with no fillers or additives.
- + Organic turmeric and glycerin extracts
- + The ideal form for people who can’t or don’t want to take pills
- + Fulvic acid and micelles increase the bioavailability of curcumin
- − This turmeric supplement only contains a moderate quantity of curcumin
- Type: Curcumin
- Contents per container: 200 mg of Longvida Optimized Curcumin Extract per serving (two gummies)
- Shipping policy: Free shipping
- Return policy: 30-day money-back guarantee
- Discounts: Save 10% with the subscription; earning rewards
Nordic Naturals Curcumin Gummies are a perfect alternative to pills or turmeric powder. These tasty mango gummies contain no added sugar and are sweetened with xylitol, a low-calorie sugar alcohol. Every serving of two gummies contains 15 calories. The proprietary formula preserves the curcumin molecules while they travel through the digestive tract and facilitates optimum absorption.
Curcumin Gummies don’t contain any gluten, milk extracts, gelatin, or chemical colors or flavors. Plus, they are non-GMO, third-party purity tested, and are surpassing the strictest international standards of purity and freshness. This ensures that the product is of the highest quality and that it can actually offer the purported turmeric benefits.
- + Convenient form for everyday use
- + Good taste, low on calories
- + Third-party purity testing
- − Some customers don’t like the texture of the gummies
- Type: Curcumin + galactomannans
- Contents per container: 500 mg Curcumin Elite Proprietary CGM Blend containing 40% curcuminoids (200 mg), 3% turmerones (15 mg), and 30% galactomannans (150 mg); 60 mg gingerols and 60 mg turmerones per soft gel
- Shipping policy: Free shipping on orders over $50.00
- Return policy: 1-year money-back guarantee
- Discounts: Buy 4 get a 9% discount
Life Extension has spent years looking for the best possible source of turmeric curcumin in hopes of producing a potent mixture of ingredients that could provide the full health benefits of curcuminoids. They came up with a formula that uses fenugreek fibers to improve curcuminoid absorption and tissue distribution.
The tricky part of supplying curcumin that can actually be used by the body is that curcuminoid compounds are conjugated to another active turmeric compound called ar-turmerone until they reach the body. That’s one of the reasons why this formula also contains galactomannans, which improve the absorption of curcuminoids, resulting in 45 times more free curcuminoids being available than would be possible with standard curcumin.
The product is also one of the best turmeric and ginger supplements. Gingerols are essential bioactive components responsible for many of the health benefits attributed to ginger, such as sustaining a healthy inflammatory response, encouraging digestive health, and promoting healthy cell division.
Life Extension provides a Certificate of Review for each of its products to guarantee consistency, potency, and purity.
- + High curcumin bioavailability
- + Certificates of consistency, potency, and purity
- + Great shipping and return policies
- − Some customers report experiencing curcumin side effects, i.e., heartburn and stomach aches
- Type: Curcumin + BioPerine
- Contents per container: 1,350 mg of turmeric root, 150 mg of turmeric extract, 10 mg BioPerine per 3-capsule serving
- Shipping policy: Free standard shipping on all orders above $35.00; no international shipping
- Return policy: 30 days money-back guarantee
- Discounts: 10% discount for Auto-Ship subscribers
Another candidate for the title of the best turmeric and black pepper supplement, this product contains turmeric root extract (standardized to include 95% curcuminoids) and the proprietary BioPerine ingredient. As already stated, black pepper extract enhances the body’s absorption of curcuminoids, which are valued for their powerful antioxidant properties.
The product is prepared with natural ingredients only. Vegetarian-friendly capsules are gluten-, lactose-, soy-, wheat-, nuts-, and iron-free, and they don’t contain any chemicals, fillers, or artificial colors.
According to the manufacturer’s website, the components of Turmeric Curcumin by BioSchwartz are tested by a third-party laboratory for purity and potency in a 6-step process. Finally, their facilities are approved by the FDA, which is just one of the reasons why supplement reviews of turmeric extracts are usually full of praise for this product.
- + Proprietary black pepper extract for superior absorption
- + Affordable price
- + 6-step process to ensure quality
- − No international shipping
How We Chose the Best Turmeric Supplements
Our Ranking Methodology
If you are wondering how we rated the best turmeric supplements, here are some of the criteria we used to determine which products are likely to be worth your time and money: ingredients, quality, potency, efficacy, safety, side effects, and price. Only by analyzing each of these elements were we able to draw up a detailed list of supplements that you might want to give a chance to.
Curcumin is the primary active ingredient in the best turmeric extracts. The bioactive compounds with potent anti-inflammatory properties found in turmeric are known as curcuminoids, the most common of which is curcumin.
Although turmeric contains just 2%–9% curcuminoids, 75% of these active curcuminoids are made up of curcumin, which is why curcumin is the “star” of turmeric.
Since turmeric is typically very difficult for the human body to digest, researchers recommend a mixture of turmeric and black pepper to improve absorption. Piperine, an active ingredient in black pepper, has been shown to increase turmeric’s bioavailability up to 20-fold. That’s why the best curcumin supplements often contain black pepper extract.
In truth, even when cooking with a powdered curcumin spice, it may be useful to add some black pepper.
To improve crop yields, conventionally grown turmeric is often sprayed with pesticides and non-organic fertilizers, which affects the quality of the final product.
There is a strong case to be made for exclusively buying organically cultivated turmeric. This way you can be reasonably sure that it doesn’t contain anything unnatural, plastic, chemically unsound, or genetically engineered.
It is always a plus if the manufacturer is GMP accredited, which means that they adhere to the highest quality requirements, and are committed to good manufacturing practices, ensuring they’ll deliver the best-quality turmeric products.
Standard turmeric root powder contains just 2%–4% of curcuminoids. As a result, with higher concentrations (going all the way up to 95%) of curcuminoids, the effectiveness and potency of these products increase. Although you can purchase turmeric as a mix of spices to cook with, turmeric supplements include much larger doses of curcumin and other curcuminoids.
A number of systematic reviews and meta-analyses provided clinical evidence in favor of using standardized turmeric extracts. Usually, a dose of 1,000 mg/day of curcumin can reduce inflammation and pain (i.e., in arthritis). Moreover, curcumin in top-rated turmeric supplements contributes to alleviating inflammatory symptoms, potentially providing an alternative to ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in certain cases.
The FDA has licensed curcuminoids as “generally accepted as safe.” Good tolerability and safety profiles have been seen in clinical trials at doses between 4,000 and 8,000 mg/day and up to 12,000 mg/day for 95% concentrations of curcumin and other curcuminoids.
Best turmeric curcumin supplement products typically don’t cause serious side effects. However, certain people did complain of upset stomach, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea. There were even reports of the supplement causing dangerously irregular heart rhythm in some people, but they were extremely rare.
As is the case with a number of other spices, the turmeric trade is expected to record a 7%–8% increase over the next months, with the highest-quality turmeric supplement products being especially sought-after. When we were compiling our list, we made sure to include products suitable for different budgets—both affordable and pricier ones.
However, we have to emphasize that more expensive products won’t necessarily be safer or of better quality than the cheaper alternatives.
How to Choose the Best Turmeric Supplement
This section should help you choose between the various highest-rated turmeric supplements, and learn everything that you have to know when shopping for these products.
What Are Turmeric Supplements?
Turmeric is a spice derived from the turmeric plant with the botanical name of Curcuma longa. It is commonly found in Asian foods, and you probably know it as the main spice in curries. It has a bitter taste used to flavor or stain curry powders, mustards, butter, and cheeses.
The root of turmeric is also commonly used to produce medicines. A yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, derived from turmeric, is also used to color food and cosmetics and is the basis for most, if not all, of the best turmeric supplement products that are currently available.
In particular, turmeric and its active compound, curcumin, have many clinically proven health advantages. Among other things, it is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent that can also relieve the effects of depression and arthritis.
Turmeric discussed here should not be confused with the Javanese turmeric root (Curcuma zedoaria).
Effects of Turmeric Supplements on Our Body
Like some of the other spices, turmeric has a long history of use in herbal medicine. This flavorful spice is typically produced in India and other parts of Southeast Asia, and is made from a flowering plant’s rhizomes or roots. Top-rated turmeric curcumin and other similar compounds can reduce swelling (inflammation) in the body.
Unfortunately, turmeric (or curcumin) can’t enter the bloodstream easily. Having it in curry once a month is unlikely to provide you with the necessary anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. To reach the desired turmeric and curcumin levels, you have to turn to the best turmeric capsules and other forms of curcumin supplementation.
The effectiveness of turmeric supplements also depends on black pepper, which makes turmeric more bioavailable. As a matter of fact, eating 20 mg/kg of piperine can improve the bioavailability of 2 g/kg of curcumin by 2,000%.
Who Should Take These Supplements?
Turmeric is widely used for disorders that cause inflammations with all the related pain and discomfort, such as osteoarthritis, hay fever, depression, nausea, high cholesterol, liver failure, and itching.
Some may use the best turmeric supplement brand products to fight heartburn, the decline in reasoning and memory, inflammatory bowel disease, stress, Alzheimer’s disease, stomach ulcers, radiation dermatitis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, diabetes, gingivitis, periodontitis, oral mucositis, surgery pain, premenstrual syndrome, and many other disorders.
Still, there is no clear clinical evidence to fully support these applications.
Types of Turmeric Supplements
Capsules are the most common type of turmeric supplements. Gummies, pills, ointments, soaps, cosmetics, and even liquid formulations are also available from certain suppliers. You can even buy curcumin drinks, intended for those who have difficulty swallowing large capsules, which can sometimes be a problem with even the best turmeric pills.
Curcumin is used in many different forms worldwide for its numerous potential health benefits.
- In India, turmeric has been traditionally used in curries
- In Japan, it’s used to flavor tea
- In Thailand, it is a common ingredient in cosmetics
- In China, it is a colorant
- In Korea, it is served in drinks
- In Malaysia, it is used as an antiseptic
- In Pakistan, it’s appreciated for its anti-inflammatory properties
- In the US, it is used in a number of different foods (mustard sauce, chips, etc.)
The recommended daily turmeric dosage for adults ranges from 500 to 1,500 mg. Usually, one or two capsules are taken once or twice a day. Of course, it is essential not to take more than denoted on the package or instructed by your healthcare provider.
Depending on the condition, turmeric supplements can be administered for several weeks or months.
When it comes to children, these supplements are sometimes prescribed for elevated levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia), but only if the child is at least 15 years old.
How to Take Them Safely
A top-rated turmeric supplement containing up to 8 g of curcumin should be safe to take daily for up to 2 months, and up to 3 g of turmeric appears to be safe for up to 3 months. Turmeric is safer when applied directly to the skin, as a mouthwash, or as an enema.
Taking turmeric supplements usually doesn’t lead to the development of serious side effects. Although some people do report minor side effects such as upset stomach, fatigue, dizziness, or diarrhea, these adverse effects are more common with higher doses.
Addiction and Dependence
Turmeric and curcumin supplements don’t seem to cause addiction or dependence. However, individual patients can experience minor turmeric side effects such as pain at high doses (i.e., headaches, etc.).
Not only is it not addictive, but it seems that it can even aid with the treatment of opioid and alcohol abuse issues.
Use in Kids or Pregnant Women
Special precautions should be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Turmeric is likely to be safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding when orally consumed in reasonable quantities. However, turmeric could be harmful in these particular conditions because it’s encouraging the menstrual cycle and stimulating the uterus. Therefore, not even the best organic turmeric supplement should be used during pregnancy.
While there is not enough evidence to know whether turmeric is actually safe to use in therapeutic quantities while breastfeeding, women are advised to abstain from these supplements while nursing.
The use of turmeric in children is mostly restricted to certain conditions, in which case, the doses and method of intake are prescribed by the doctor.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Taking Turmeric Supplements
The significant advantage of using turmeric supplements is that the curcumin they contain can reduce swelling (inflammation). Owing to this, turmeric can be useful in the treatment of conditions caused by inflammation.
One of the disadvantages of these supplements is that even the products by the absolute best turmeric brand could have interactions with certain medications and conditions. This includes bleeding problems, diabetes, hormone-sensitive conditions (such as female cancers), infertility, iron deficiency, etc. With this in mind, we’ll repeat once again how essential it is to consult your doctor before you start taking turmeric supplements.
We hope that after reading our reviews you find it a bit easier to tell which supplements are likely to work and suit your specific needs, and which of them would probably just be a waste of money.
After taking a look at all of the popular brands and their products in our search for the best turmeric supplement around, we are confident that our picks should be enough to at least give you an idea of the various options you have at your disposal.
And as always, do leave a comment below if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Are turmeric and curcumin the same thing?
Turmeric is a spice obtained from a plant of the ginger family that contains curcuminoids. Curcumin is one of these bioactive compounds, in fact, the one responsible for the beneficial health effects of turmeric.
What are the side effects of curcumin?
Most people tolerate turmeric and curcumin quite well. The most common adverse effects of using turmeric supplements observed in clinical trials are of gastrointestinal nature. They include vomiting, nausea, gastroesophageal reflux, stomach aches, diarrhea, yellow stool, constipation, and dyspepsia.
What medications should not be taken with turmeric?
Turmeric can mildly interact with some medications, such as anticoagulant drugs (drugs that delay blood clotting). Taking turmeric along with these drugs further delays clotting and increases bruising and bleeding risk.
These medications include aspirin, clopidogrel, diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen, enoxaparin, heparin, warfarin.
How to buy turmeric supplements?
You can either go with one of the supplements we recommended here, as we already did the legwork of comparing them with those offered by other brands; or you can use the guidelines we provided to find something that suits you even better.
When trying to determine which of the available products is the best turmeric supplement you can currently buy, we paid attention to their ingredients, quality, potency, source, efficacy, safety, and price, and we recommend you do the same. And again, make sure to consult your healthcare provider before taking any of these supplements